This Ministry was created to facilitate the safe re-opening of our church due to COVID-19.
Members of our parish community came forward to make it possible for our parishioners to celebrate the Mass together in person and stay safe. They are our parish "front-line" volunteers.
Ministry members are all trained to implement COVID-19 safety protocols; maintaining 6ft physical distancing, ensuring the proper use of masks, hand sanitizing, seating parishioners for mass, and disinfecting common touch points throughout the church after each mass, to keep us all safe.
As we increase our church and hall capacity to enable more parishioners to join us in celebration of the Eucharist, we are looking for additional volunteers to join this ministry.
We have positions available at all weekday and weekend masses. This role offers volunteers a lot of flexibility. Volunteers can indicate their availability and it will be worked into the schedule.
We are looking for volunteers who:
• Can commit to volunteering at a minimum of two masses a month
• Can be present at the church 20 minutes prior to their scheduled mass, and stay for 10 minutes after mass
• Enjoy interacting with their fellow parishioners
• Can wear a mask for the duration of their time in the church
• Are comfortable using disinfectant materials
If you are able to join this meaningful and critical ministry please contact the office to sign up.